Wednesday 9 May 2012

Itchy fingers

Now that I've finished my cardigan I don't really have anything to work on until I get some more yarn...but I find my fingers itching every time I sit down to watch TV and it's not from the nettle foraging! I want to be knitting...so I've been using odds and ends to work on small projects from The Knitters Year by Debbie Bliss...it has 52 simple seasonal knits.


In Easter I made the little bunny egg cosies that are fun....



I first spied them in the coffee shop at Unravel Knitting Festival. They looked so cute that I had to make some...





These are the ones I made for H and her boyfriend...don't laugh... They look a bit frightened don't they...but the wool isn't the correct thickness I should have doubled it and the ears are really sticking out...


...that's my excuse anyway....



They brought  a smile to our faces...


...and now I'm working on these wash/dish cloths.  I love the simplicity of them. They will make simple stocking fillers  with nice handmade soap...(next project?) or with eco-friendly dish-brushes I've found made from natural plants.  Or maybe homemade dish washer powder...oh I'm getting excited about Christmas gifts already...
  




Reading? I've just finished Wuthering Heights... it's a book that I've never really wanted to read before...I think Kate Bush put me off... Looking for something a few days ago I picked it up from the bookshelf...It was one of those windy rainy wuthering days...and it seemed an appropriate read...Then I couldn't put it down...I was like the Bronte sisters, reading whilst stirring pots of food on the stove...It's one of those novels that once you begin you can't stop...I don't think it equals sister' Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre... But it's a great rainy day read... 









joining  with Ginny's yarn along today...are you coming too?


14 comments:

  1. What sweet little bunnies Debby. I have a few egg cup that I really should put to use and I think a certain wee one would love an egg top with a bunny. I love the look of their little faces.
    I have Wuthering Heights on the shelf, but I don't think I have ever read it. My to read stack just keeps growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Tracey...I couldn't resist making them even though they didn't turn out exactly as I expected...But they've got character!

      I know about the reading stack too...mine is growing as well...I'm going to start reading Cold Comfort Farm next...I've been wanted to read it for ages and just borrowed it from the library I can't wait to get going...

      Delete
  2. I read Wuthering Heights in school, but I cannot remember most of it. I recently reread Jane Eyre - perhaps I should pick up Wuthering Heights. I can appreciate itchy fingers. I need something to occupy my hands. Those bunnies are cute - ears and all. Thank you for the inspiration for holiday gifts. A washcloth and soap would be a good gift, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't read it before Heather but felt I knew the story and never picked it up until the other day. I think I was just in the mood for a bit of windswept moorland and unrequited love!

      I'm glad I found the wash cloth pattern, they only take an hour to make and now we've finished making the pockets for Lori are perfect for when I don't have any bigger projects on the go..

      Deb

      Delete
  3. I've had that pattern book from the library before, it's so good isn't it? I think I may have damaged it slightly from photocopying so many pages before giving it back ;) The Christmas stockings are particularly good! Ah, and the Brontes...you can't beat a good classic (lovely looking copy you have there too) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great books isn't it? So many cool things to make.

      I'd like to re-read Jane Eyre when I have time...I'm not where the book came from. Probably from home...it is quite an old one.

      Delete
  4. ooh you've got me all thinking about Christmas presents... never too early to start, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely...the time just whizzes by....!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the Catherine/Heathcliff dramalama!!! Great book. The little cozies are adorable, love the floppy ears :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I kind of new the premiss of the story from the beginning once I started reading I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  6. Very atmospheric weather for Wuthering Heights! I think your egg cozies look sweet. Big floppy ears on rabbits always bring a smile. Like the idea of eco brushes with the wash clothes. You're thinking of Christmas already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm a bit premeture thinking about Christmas already but however early I start it always seems to surprise me Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Debbie Bliss book seems like it would be right up my street - thanks for sharing it - I love the bunnies!
    I live in Bronte country but I'm ashamed to say that I've never read any of it. I blame Kate Bush, too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hand made soap and washers are on my Christmas giving list too! :)

    ReplyDelete