Wednesday 22 September 2010

I found this image over on the Loobylu blog introduced to everyone by Pip from Meet me at Mikes.She always finds the most interesting blogs and then altruistically shares them all with us so we can enjoy them too.

I love the colours in this crochet blanket from a scene in Nanny McPhee which inspired the author of Loobylu living in Canada who has an interesting story to tell (that you can read about on her blog) which subsequently inspired me to have a go too. Crocheting that is, not the adventure...although I'm always up for one of those too.

So I've started collecting wool in my creative space....which as you can see needs a thoroughly good tidying.

I'm not really a crocheter, more of a knitter but I'm going to have a go. I'll probably start with a cushion cover but the colours will be inspired a little by Nanny McPhee and a Russian 1930's handmade shoulder bag that I saw on Gloucester Green Antique Market. It was lovely. It looked handmade and very rustic with rows of herringbone stitch in wool or thick cotton in all kinds of deep jewel colours....

4 comments:

  1. Oooo I'm so pleased you found Loobylu. She's a brave, talented, award winning Aussie blogger who's moved the whole kit and kaboodle to Canada. She a sweetie, not unlike ourselves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although a knitter I've taken to crochet too! I finished the swirly scarf which was very easy (I must post a photo) and I've just bought the wool to make a Granny Stripe blanket like the one Lucy made over at Attic24. It's still early Spring here but will soon warm up so I need to get my skates on!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with. There are some nice free patterns at The Royal Sisters too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving reading Loobylu Cherie......she's taken on a big adventure....it sounds like great fun......

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf sounds lovely Caz.....I hope you post an image because I'd love to see what it looks like.

    Thanks for sharing the information about Attic24 and The Royal Sisters. I'll definitely be downloading some of their patterns. I'm knitting a little cropped cardigan at the moment. I started a while ago before I bought the vintage patterns, so just made it up.....I hope it works out ok!

    I haven't had much time for knitting during the summer. We seem to spend any spare time gardening and the evenings just seem to get eaten up with things to do. I'm quite looking forward to long winter evenings catching up on knitting and crocheting and watching some good dramas on TV, they always get better in the Autumn.

    I have a really clear image in my head of my finished cushion...I hope it lives up to expectation....!

    ReplyDelete